¥950 (including tax)
Consider yourself an amateur baker? Then this new item at Tomi's Shortbread House should be right up your street! Just add butter and milk to have the delicious fragrance of freshly baked scones wafting through your house. The 334g bag of mixed ingredients contains all the dry ingredients you need to craft these traditional British cakes in your own home. Perfect for making home-baked gifts.
- flour, organic sugar, salt, baking powder.
How to Make Traditional English Scones (12 pieces)
- Tomi's Shortbread Scone Mix (334g bag)
- 70g of butter (chilled and diced)
- 160 – 180 cc of milk (or one egg and 75cc of milk)
- a little flour for dusting
- milk or egg yolk for brushing
- Baking Method
- Preheat the oven to 220℃ . In a large bowl, add the butter to the dry mixture and blend together by hand or with the back of a fork until the butter is completely mixed in.
- Add the milk little by little, until it forms a soft dough. You may not need all of the liquid.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly. Pat the mixture out to a consistent thickness of 2.5cm.
- Use a round cutter to stamp out rounds of dough and place them on a baking sheet, being sure to leave a little space between them.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk or egg yolk to give a shiny, golden finish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until well risen and golden brown on top.
slice the scones in half while they are still warm to reduce crumbling. Unless they will be eaten immediately, wait until cool before adding cream and jam. For variation, you can add nuts, raisins or other ingredients to the mixture as per your liking.